FOR UNDERSTANDING OF CHALLENGES OF GEORGIAN LABOUR MARKET Author: Mariami Kenchoshvili
| Published: 2018-12-28
| Pages: 243-246
Nowadays, unemployment is one of the main challenges of every country, but it is not the only problem for labor mar- ket in Georgia. For coping with the problems available on labor market of Georgia, the Georgian Government made important steps, though for increasing efficiency it is important:
- Comprehensive and systematic work on every level of state structures for implementation of the state strategy for formation labor market of Georgia and active policy strategy of labor market and later on for continuation of the policy;
- To ensure review of the minimal salary policy by the respective state agencies and adjustment to the demands of Georgian labor market;
- Respective state services ensure defining the rate of overtime work in terms of hourly renumeration;
- Respective state agencies shall ensure enhancement of the labor inspection mandate in order healthy working en- vironment is the basis for healthy economics.
LABOUR MARKET, UNEMPLOYMENT, THE RIGHTS OF EMPLOYED, MINIMAL SALARY
- Decree of Georgian Government #603 of December 27, (2017). “regarding to approval of state program regarding to inspecting of Labor conditions 2018”.
- Decreeof Georgian Government #167 of April 04, (2016). “Labor market active policy strategy and approval of implementation for 2016-2018” for development of the labor market in Georgia.
- Decreeof Georgian Government #199 of August 2, (2013). “On Approval of the State Strategy about formation of the labor market in Georgia and implementation of 2015-2018 Action Plan”
- Human Rights Education and Monitoring Center, ”Evaluation of labor inspection mechanisms and labor rights of employees in Georgia”, (2017). Tbilisi. (https://emc.org.ge/ka/products/kvleva-shromis-inspektirebis-mekanizmis-shefase- ba-da-dasakmebulta-shromiti-uflebebis-mdgomareoba-sakartveloshi )
- Human Rights Education and Monitoring Center .”Evaluation of labour inspection mechanisms and labour rights of employ- ees in Georgia”, (2017). Tbilisi, p. 76-78. (https://emc.org.ge/ka/products/kvleva-shromis-inspektirebis-mekanizmis-she- faseba-da-dasakmebulta-shromiti-uflebebis-mdgomareoba-sakartveloshi)
- INTERNATIONAL REPUBLICAN INSTITUTE. PUBLIC OPINION SYRVEY: RESIDENTS OF GEORGIA APRIL 10-22 (2018). (http:// www.iri.org/sites/default/files/2018-529_georgia_poll_presentation.pdf?fbclid=IwAR1OgbC496zEDCLNYK6JxdKqylnJW- CxTwDAmMrMsz64IVTPDVNp6pSsNpJ8)
- Organic Law of Georgia, labor Code
- Organic Law of Georgia low about safety of labor
- Trade Union of Georgia, with support of Fredrich Ebert Stiftung, Office of Georgian Public Defender, Checking of relevant salary policy from the prospective of social and economic development of Georgia and international obligations. (2016). (http://www.ombudsman.ge/uploads/other/3/3992.pdf)
- TheNational Statistics Service of Georgia, Employment and unemployment in Georgia, (2017).
- The National Statistics Service of Georgia, general definitions about statistical methodology of labor power
- “The Article 42 of the Constitution. Gender discrimination in labor relationships, Tbilisi, the survey is produced by the “The Article 42 of the Constitution under the project “Support to Gender equality on the labor places” ttps://article42.ge/ media/1001447/2017/09/11/6c0cb0d69764bea21f32052f5abce8ce.pdf)
- The Ordinance of the President of Georgia, (2006), #767 of December 26. about “Minimal Salary” About changes in the Ordinance # 351 of the President of Georgia of June 4, 1999
- The Order # 126/n of the Minister of Education and Science of Georgia, (2015). September 28, on defining the quantity and conditions of minimal remuneration of teachers’ labour of Public Schools”
- The World Bank, survey about financial access. (2016). https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/FB.CBK.BRWR.P3?end=2016&locations=GE&start=2016&view=bar
- The web site- https://www.hr.ge/
- The website of public service bureau /https://www.hr.gov.ge/