THE ROLE OF BUILDING AN INNOVATION ECOSYSTEM IN GEORGIA’S INTEGRATION WITH THE EU Author: VLADIMER TOGONIDZE
| Published: 2018-06-25
| Pages: 164-170
The article reviews the role of the innovation policy and national innovation ecosystem in Georgia in determining the direction of economic development of the country. The fo-cus is on the state’s role in supporting the sustainable com-ponents of the country’s innovation ecosystem. A particular accent is made on the need for considering the importance of innovations and the introduction of new technologies in the aspect of getting benefits from the Association Agreement with the European Union. The peculiarities of the use of human resources in the country and the problematic is-sues related to the introduction of innovations and new tech-nologies in the development of economic relations with the EU. The article discusses a successful example of innovative development in Georgia by using the so-called “case study” method for the State Service Development Agency and the House of Justice.
INNOVATION; ECOSYSTEM; STATE SERVICE; CASE STUDY
- Aubert Jean-Eric Promoting innovation in developing countries: a conceptual framework 2005. P. 7-16.
- Breznitz, D. 2007 Innovation and the State: Political Choice and Strategies for Growth in Israel, Taiwan, and Ireland. Burhan Ozkan Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) and Its Implementation in Turkey 2014.
- Carlsson, B. (2002), Innovation System: Analytical and Methodological Issues, Research Policy.
- Goldberg Itzhak; John Gabriel Goddard; Smita Kuriakose; Jean-Louis Racine. Igniting innovation Rethinking the Role of Govern-ment in Emerging Europe and Central Asia 2011 pp 19-33.
- Romer P. (1986). ―Increasing Returns and Long-run Growth, The Journal of Political Economy, Vol. 94, No. 5. (Oct., 1986), pp.1002-1037.
- Romer P. (1990). ―Endogenous Technical Change. The Journal of Political Economy,Vol: 98, pp. 1002-1037. Saxenian A.L. Sabel 2011. Handbook of Research on Innovation and Entrepreneurship pp 104 - 119. Teubal, M. (2002) ―What is the Systems Perspective to Innovation and Technology
- Policy (ITP) and How can we Apply it to Developing and Newly Industrialized Economies, Journal of Evolutionary Economics, 12:233-257.
- world Bank Measuring Knowledge in the World’s Economies-2008 p.4.
- Eiropean Commission, Report from the commission to the EU Parliament, the council, The European economic and social committee and the committee of the regions on the implementation of EU standardization policy and the contribution of EU standards to EU policies 2018. p 2-7.
- United Nations, Transfer of technology and knowledge-sharing for development, 2014. Georgia National Innovation Ecosystem Project GENIE -2016.
- SME development strategy of Georgia 2016-2020. www.geostat. ge
- The Global Competitiveness Report 2017–2018 p.320.