THE TAX SYSTEM OF UKRAINE IN THE TRANSITION ECONOMY Author: L.M. DEMYDENKO, V.B. REINSKA, V.I. DEMYDENKO
| Published: 2018-06-25
| Pages: 53-58
The relevance of the study of the tax system is due to the objective need for qualitatively new instruments of taxation influence on economic development. Nowadays, the tax system of Ukraine is predominantly fiscal; since fiscal and other functions of taxes are interrelated in inverse proportion,their implementation is problematic. Therefore, despite the existence of the thorough research of the tax system of the state, there is a need to substantiate the essence, objectives,principles and criteria of the effectiveness of this complex and large-scale process. Exploration of the theoretical and practical principles of the state tax system development in the context of the economy transformation, defines the main directions of the improvement of the tax system of Ukraine.
The article specifies the peculiarities of the formation of the tax system of Ukraine, considers the components of the tax and describes them. It emphasizes the need to control the timely payment of taxes and fees. The article determines the deficiencies of the domestic tax system, such as inequality in taxation and discretionary application of tax norms. The efforts for the improvement of the tax system of Ukraine should be aimed at reforming tax authorities, which should correspond with the best European models,and at organization of educational work with the taxpayers of different age groups.
TAX SYSTEM; SYSTEM OF TAXATION; TAX COMPONENTS; TAX REVENUES
- Buchanan, James M. and Musgrave, Richard A. (2004)Public Finance and Public Choice: Two Contrasting Visions of the State.
- Stephen Smith (2015)Taxation: A Very Short Introduction (Very Short Introductions)
- Yaroshenko, F.O. (2011). Reformuvannia podatkovo isystemy Ukrainy: teoriia, metodolohiia, praktyka [Reforming of the tax system of Ukraine]..
- Varnalii, Z.S. (2017) Podatkova systema Ukrainy: problem funktsionuvannia ta shliakhyreformuvannia [The tax system of Ukraine: problems of functioning and ways of reforming]. Ekonomika i rehion – Economics and region, 5 (66), 5-8
- Finances: Textbook(2012) / Ed. S.I. Yuriy, V.M. Fedosov. K .: Knowledge, p.125
- Krupka, M.I. (2017). Systema administruvannia podatkivv Ukraini: stan, problem, perspektyvyrozvytku: monohrafiia [The system of tax management in Ukraine: condition, problems, development perspectives: a monograph].Lviv: LEUimeniIvanaFranka.
- Lukianenko, I., &Sydorovych, M. (2014). Biudzhetno-podatkova polityka Ukrainy: novivyklyky: monohrafiia [Budget and tax policy of Ukraine: new challenges: a monograph].Kyiv: NaUKMA
- Lukyanenko I.G. The concept of tax elasticity as a measure of taxation system efficiency in Ukraine. Problems and Perspectives in Management,1, 17-25.
- Liutyi, I.O., Demydenko, L.M., &Romaniuk, M.V. (2009). Podatkovasystema: navchalnyiposibnyk [Taxsystem: amanual].Kyiv,
- Sidelnykova, L.P. (2013). Teoretyko-orhanizatsiini dominant yIprak tykarozbudovy podatkovo-borhovykhdz herelformuvanniabiu dzhetnykhresursivderzhavy: monohrafiia [Theoretical and organizational dominants and practice of development of tax and debt sources of the formation of state’s budget:a monograph].Kherson:PP Hrin.
- Sokolovska, A.M. (2004). Podatkova systema Ukrainy: teoriia i praktyka stanovlennia [The tax system of Ukraine: the theory and practice of implementation]. Kyiv: NDFI [inUkrainian]
- Chuhunov, І.,&Makohon, V. (2014). Biudzhetno-podatkova polityka vumovakhinsty tutsiiny khperetvoren [Budget and tax policy in the conditions of institutional transformations]. Visnyk Kyivskoho natsionalnoho torhovelno-ekonomichnoho universytetu – Scientific Journal of Kyiv National Tarde and Economics University,4, 79-91.
- Podatkovyi kodeks Ukrainy: zakon Ukrainy vid 02.12.2010, № 2755-VI [Tax Code of Ukraine: Law of Ukraine from December 2, 2010, № 2755-VI]. Retrieved fromhttp://zakon3.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/2755-17/ed20150101
- Official site of State Treasure Service of Ukraine. Retrived from http://www.treasury.gov.ua/main/uk/doccatalog/list?currDir=359194&&documentList_stind=21
- Official site of ОЕСР.Retrieved from http://www.oecd.org/tax/tax-policy/revenue-statistics-methodology-guide-and-classification-system.htm (date February 4, 2018)
- Demydenko, L.M. &Demydenko, V.I. (2017) Yedynyipodatokdliasubiektivmalohopidpryiemnytstva: protyrichchiataperspektyvy [Unifiedtaxforthesubjectsofsmallbusiness: contradictionsandperspectives]. Finansoviposluhy – FinanceServices, 6, 12–15.