THE MEASURING OF THE GINI, THEIL AND ATKINSON INDICES FOR GEORGIA REPUBLIC AND SOME OTHER COUNTRIES Author: GOCHA TUTBERIDZE, QETEVAN PIPIA, GIVI RAKVIASHVILI
| Published: 2018-06-25
| Pages: 110-118
When studying the economic structure of society qualitative and quantitative methods are closely related to each other. In particular when analyzing the economic structure of society inequality indicessuch as the (generalized)Gini index, the Hoover index, the first and second Theil indices, the first and second Atkinson indicesand other are used. In this article, we investigate the relationship between these indices and in some cases prove that they can be calculated by different formulas. In addition these indices will be calculated for the following countries: Azerbaijan,Armenia, China, Estonia, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece,Iran, Israel, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Russia,Turkey, Ukraine, United States.
THE ECONOMIC STRUCTURE; THE INEQUALITY INDICES; THE GINI COEFFICIENT;
THE HOOVER INDEX; THE THEILINDICES; THE POVERTY; THE LORENTZ CURVE
- Atkinson A. 1970, On the Measurement of Inequality. J. of Economic Theory 2, 244-263.
- Bellu L. 2006, Inequality Analysis.FAO.
- Bellu L., Liberati P. 2006. Inequality and Axioms for its Measurment. FAO.
- Bellu L,. Liberati P. 2005 The Lorenz Curve. FAO
- Conceição P., Ferreira P. 2000. The Young Person’s Guide to the Theil Index. Texas University, 1-54.
- Hoover. The Measurement of Industrial Localization.Review of Economics and
- Statistics, 1936,.18, No. 4, 162-171
- http://wdi.worldbank.org/table/2.9, http://wdi.worldbank.org/table/1.3
- Novotný J. (2007) On the measurement of regional inequality.Ann. Reg. Sci. 41:563–580
- Shorrocks A. Inequality decomposition by population subgroups. Econometrica, vol. 52, #6, 1984, 1369-1385
- The measurement of poverty and social inclusion in the EU. 2013 United Nations Economic Commission for Europe.Working paper 25.
- Yitzhaki Sh. 1998. More than a Dozen Alternative Ways of Spelling Gini.Research on Economic Inequality, 8, 13-30.