Presently, the Georgian Ministry of Foreign Affairs grants VISA waivers/exemptions to some countries with special agreements with Georgia. If you are unsure of whether or not you need to apply for a short-term VISA to enter Georgia in order to attend this conference, please consult the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Georgia website.
If your country is not listed, then you must contact the Embassy of Georgia, or the nearest Consulate of Georgia in your home country to receive guidance on the application process and necessary documents.
As part of the VISA application process, you may be required to submit a Letter of Invitationfrom the Globalization 2017 organizing committee.
Letter of Invitation
A Letter of Invitation is an official document which confirms a registration payment and extends an official invitation to the paid registrant to attend and participate in the upcoming conference. It provides you with an official reason to come to Georgia. It may be required by your university for administrative purposes, and will likely form one of the documents required for visa application if you are from a country that does not have a visa exemption agreement with Georgia.
In order to qualify for a Letter of Invitation, you must meet both of the following criteria:
- Be a registered audience member or an author of an accepted abstract and/or paper
- Have paid the conference registration fee in full
Subject to approval, all letters of invitation will be sent by email as a PDF attachment Please provide enough time for this to be processed.
Download the Letter of Invitation Form
- Yes, I have paid the conference registration fee
How to complete the Letter of Invitation Form
To complete the forms you will need to have the following:
- Details of your planned itinerary (all daily activities while staying in Georgia)
- Tentative flight arrival/departure information including flight time, flight number, etc.
- Your planned hotel name, address, phone number
- The title and address of the embassy / consulate in your country you are using to secure your visa
- All passport information
- An ability to use correct English spelling, punctuation, grammar, and capitalisation
The Letter of Invitation Form is comprised of three pages. Please complete all pages. Substitute the red text with your personal information.
Please take great care to ensure that this is completed accurately, and is free of typographical and spelling errors, as this will form the basis of an official document used to secure entry into Georgia.
Please allow ample time for the LOI application process.
Providing all the information we receive is correct, the Letter of Invitation process will usually take between 7 and 21 days.
How to Submit
- When you have completed your Letter of Invitation form, please return it by attachment as an MS Word document to firstname.lastname@example.org with 'Letter of Invitation Form - (Your Name)' in the subject field.
- Providing you have paid the registration fee and you have completed the form IRESPOG will draft the information onto official headed paper, and have it stamped with the seal of European University. This will normally be undertaken within one week of the IRESPOG office receiving your request submission.
- The LOI will be scanned and sent to you by PDF attachment. If the letter is required for administrative purposes internal to your university then this will usually suffice.